Hello Ranger Students, Parents, and Guardians,
Welcome to a new year at Rincon High School! We look forward to a fresh, reinvigorating start to the 2022-2023 school year. While many schools are struggling to find candidates to fill their teaching vacancies, Rincon is delighted to report that we have all of our teaching positions filled with highly qualified, intelligent, enthusiastic teachers who are excited to be a part of Ranger Nation. We can’t wait for our students and teachers to meet, new and returning alike, to show-off all of the amazing talent students and faculty at Rincon possess.
This year we will be placing emphasis on school safety and student social emotional learning to help foster and rebuild a positive, supportive student-to-student environment on our campus. It is our goal students feel secure and welcome at Rincon. Last year, many schools across America, including Rincon, underestimated the toll COVID, and the isolation that came along it with it, took on our youth. Once students resumed in-person learning after being stuck behind a computer for so long, their grief, loss, and frustrations manifested unsettled emotions that carried over onto our campuses. It is very important that our students get the help they need while reestablishing positive social relationships and experiences tied to Rincon and their education.
We have a lot of great changes to highlight for the upcoming year….
- Students will be engaging in social-emotional learning lessons, designed to help them connect with one another while learning strategies and techniques to deal with disappointments, positively, while building resilience.
- Students are being issued brand new laptops to assist them with their learning.
- Over 50 new, state-of-the art interactive Promethean boards are being installed in Rincon classrooms.
- We have hired additional staff to serve as multi-tiered student supports, including an MTSS and Behavioral Support Monitor.
- For the first time in several years, we have had the opportunity to hire an experienced male counselor, to better serve our student population.
- Security cameras will be installed throughout the campus in common areas, to make it possible for all regions of the campus to be monitored more closely.
- A new attendance office walk-up window has been installed, so families do not have to stand in the crowded office when checking students in or out for the day.
- Our athletics office is being moved to the downstairs, south gym area where health classes used to be held, to create a spacious, functional athletics center for our athletes and coaches.
- The former athletics office, that was often quite cramped, is being transformed into a student relations office.
- We will continue to have afterschool supports in the form of counseling groups, clubs, tutoring, sports and fine arts, because getting involved in activities that extend beyond the traditional school day is proven to increase student sense-of-self and belonging.
- We have new leadership taking over our Parent-Teacher organization and encourage parents to get involved, as well.
We are really excited about these changes and additions, as we strive to better serve the Ranger community. We look forward to working together to ensure that our students have an outstanding educational experience this year!
Rincon High School